Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Frat Boys never rest


Do not be deceived by the juvenile album cover art picture above, go out and buy this album by Restiform Bodies called TV Loves You Back. It's remarkable. Especially if you like weirdo experimental hip hop. I saw RB play several weeks ago when they opened up for that band Why at the Vera Project and I wasn't blown away at the time. However, I think that had more to do with the distraction of this random group of like 7 ex-frat boy-looking douche bags who were ridiculously dancing and virtually ignoring the music. Seemed like one of them had scored some E or something, I don't know. I mean this was the Vera Project. Not a drop of alcohol in the place. Just a bunch of enthusiastic kids there to see Why and these goons kind of ruining it for everyone. It was rather odd. I realise this has nothing to do with band's music which I'm supposed to be reviewing at this moment. Sorry about that.

It was just the thing I really took away from that show. That and the lead's spasmodic dancing. In any case, I finally picked up a copy of their album and it's a multi-layered treat! Definitely not for the casual hip hop fan, but give a shot and you will not be disappointed. Great music to drive to. 4 Molos




No comments: