Monday, December 6, 2010

Molo's Top 10 songs of 2010

These are the top 10 new songs that got stuck in my head in 2010.  I figure that makes 'em the best.  


#10   Fuck You - Cee-Lo Green - The Lady Killer I suspect everyone's heard this brazen song by now, but if now, check it out.

#9  Home  - Villagers - Becoming A Jackal  I was very charmed by hearing this young singer-songwriter perform "Home" live.

#8   Ambling Alp - Yeasayer - Odd Blood This track is the archetype of infectious young indie rock.  Its great but after a while it will drive you mad.  

#7  Best Friend - The Drums - The Drums  This one is for Jared.  Hard not to love this band if you like English pop beach rock that sounds like it was made in 1983. 
  
#6   I Don't Know What To Say - The Magnetic Fields - Realism  Only the Magnetic Fields can make lines like "I could say I want you, that would be a bore, maybe in a font you haven't seen before" and  "I could try and shove you off the nearest cliff..." "I could say   sound so sincerely beautiful.

#5  Alley Cats - Hot Chip - One Life Stand  Great song from a great album. 

#4   Runaway - Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy "Let's give a toast to the douche-bags"

#3   I Can Change - LCD Sound System - This Is Happening  "Drunk Girls" may have been a hella good single, but I prefer LCD's more beautiful sensitive songs like this lovely one. 

 #2  Cave-O-Sapien - Wolf Parade - Expo 86 This song may be pure nonsense but my god, it is so damn fun!  ("I had a vision, of a Gorilla, he was a killer, a killer...")


#1:  Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -  Das Racist's -  Shut Up Dude!  Mixtape


 I don't see you here dog?!

No comments: