Yes, my blog has been ignored. Really I think this is because I lost all my pirated internet wifi connections at home, and my promotion does not afford me the same opportunities to play on the web.
But I can still sneak in a little, you know on "lunch".
So 2008, I didn't see nearly as many films as I had in previous years, but I did catch a few. Heard some good music too. So here's my roundup for top 10 so far. I'm sure the film one will change drastically as I finally catch the better movies on DVD.
Top 21 albums released in 2008 that I have been introduced to:
1. The Walkman - You and Me
2. The Helio Sequence - Keep Your Eyes Ahead
3. The Cool Kids - The Bake Sale
4. Cold War Kids - Loyalty to Loyatly
5. Restiform Bodies - TV loves you back
6. Neon Neon - Stainless Style
7. Sigur Ros - Meo Suo I Eyrum Vio Spilum
8. Astronautalis - Pomegranite
9. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
10. Local H - 12 angry months
11. Grand Archives - Grand Archives
12. Portishead - third
13. Tapes n' Tapes - Walk it off
14. Brian Eno/David Byrne Everything that Happens will Happen Today
15. M83 - Saturdays = Youth
16. MGMT - Ocular Spectacular
17. Fujiya + Miyagi - lightbulbs album
18. School of Seven Bells Alpinisms
19. Nick Cave - Dig Lazarus Dig!
20. Steve Malkmus and the Jicks - Real Emotional Trash
21. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Top 10 movie films I saw in 2008:
1. Batman - The Dark Knight
2. The Wrestler
3. Speed Racer (yeah that's right-the visuals in this movie are stunning!)
4. Gran Torino
5. Red Belt
6. Man On Wire
8. Be Kind, Rewind
9. Iron Man
10. Death Race (he he he)
There's a lot of crap on this list, well not crap, but not exactly great either...I missed a lot, like these good/intriguing films that might make the list:
Milk, slumdog millionaire (everyone seems to love it, so it must be good, right?), The Changling, Choke, benji button, RockNRolla, The Reader, Revolutionary Road....etc etc...
fill me in if there are things I should be on the look out for. I heard something about some pretty good animation films this year, but they are slipping my mind.
2009 looks amazing, at least for entertaining movies!