Monday, August 23, 2010

One new painting, one new review, and a bunch of work on the Portrait Challenge show

I've been really busy getting materials ready for the Portrait Challenge at Bumbershoot, and haven't been keeping up with my blog, but I did have time to write a bit about Kate Tucker's show last week on the CAB here.  And I just managed to finish a work for the Kirkland Arts Center Redux Studio Challenge.  The theme was "architecture" which is a reoccurring theme in my work, which made that aspect relatively easy.  Well, relatively easy once I gave up on my initial idea (long story) and just decided to devote one of my last works in the Place series to this project.

So, here it is, 95 Place -


The KAC Redux show is in October and preliminary details are to be found on their website.


The rest of my days have been devoted to Portrait Challenge preparation stuff like this:



Drawing by Sharon Arnold


making buttons is hard!





testing backdrops for the "become the model" section of the Portrait Challenge show


The front side of the postcard for the show!  Draw in the blank square and mail it!

No comments: