Thursday, October 4, 2012

October Art Walk 2012: Small Voids + more (so many pics...so many)

Several great shows this month, including Todd Jannausch's Small Voids (one night only), Margie Livingston at Greg Kucera, the Teeth show at SOIL + Body Double , Declarative Sentences at Punch and The Pizza Residences: Expansion, Prohabition, War   at Gallery4Culture, to name a few!  Nice work everyone! 

Here's a mess of photos, especially a lot from the 100 voids, I don't think I got all 100 pieces, but I did capture a LOT.  I'm vain so I'll start with my piece, you know, for the "fans"....




 It's "Feldspar 5" shown here at night with the little LED lights going and a pretty smile in the corner.  I was fortunate to have got a spot just above Allyce Wood's lovely piece! 

But, before we get into all the rest of the 100 Voids, which surrounded the TK with their 100 magnet adhered plexi cases, here's a few snapshots from the more traditional gallery shows of the evening:

 Did you know I'm actually related to John Quincey Adams?  And John Adams too, if you would believe it.
 I really want to go back and take a closer look at this show- every president is represented, not only is it amusing, it's educational! 
 William Clinton, with a gift from Monica!

And of course:



From the Punch Exhibition Declarative Sentences featuring Allison Manch, Ries Niemi, and Mackenzie Boetes

 Allison Manch (above) 


 Mackenzie Boetes


From the Teeth Exhibition:   This show reminded me of the work of my friend Jess Rees, who has been doing teeth for some time - I think there is just something primal about teeth - I still have weird dreams about having teeth fall out and such. 


 A roughly cropped photo of one of Ellen Zeigler's lovely pieces


One of Margie Livingston's new works at Greg Kucera. I'm very impressed with how the work is developing - it's becoming more sophisticated as she continues to explore these different ways of painting without actually painting.  That block is layers of poured paint fashioned into that shape and cut. 


And now we have the 100 Voids! 







 John Osgood
 Michelle Anderst




Joey Bates



 Tessa Hulls
 Sharon Arnold









 Joey Veltkamp








 Chris Sheridan (bottom)




 
 Cait Willis


 Allyce Wood
 Kate Protage, Barbara Shaiman and Chris Sheridan
 Michael Alm

 Amber Anderson (right)


 The Osgood Family (from Bherd)
Jesse Higman and Todd Jannuasch

No comments: