Thursday, April 15, 2010

Greg Lundgren to re-open Vitos (semi-art-related news)

Artist, Curator, Arbitrary Grant-Awarder, Art Bar creator and all-around great guy Greg Lundgren (The Hideout, Vital 5 Productions, Lundgren Monuments, PDL, etc) Greg Lundgren has done this city another great service - he's reopening Vito's - with his business partner Jeff Scott!  Read his letter to the First-Hill Neighborhood Association here.  Greg told me they are planning on an August reopening and in his letter he said they have "purchased a beautiful grand piano for live performance...[we will] offer quality food, service and entertainment, and reach out to three generations of Seattlittes that hold fond memories there


I count myself amongst those 3 generations.  I have fond memories of mozzarella sticks, $2.50 happy hour wells, and, of course, the famous men's room mural (pictured on the left, photo by L. Hammond, The Stranger), which Greg has assured me they are keeping.  I can't wait till August!


Meanwhile, be sure to stop by The Hideout this Saturday night for the 5-year anniversary party of the only bar I've been to which was conceived of as a 5-year Art-Installation!  (Thankfully the Greg and Jeff decided to extend their Art-Installation Bar for several more years)  It's going to be one hell of a party!

No comments: